FUE Hair Transplant in Turkey
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) is a technique that extracts donor hair in a follicular unit hair transplant operation. In FUE hair transplant operations, a tool is utilized to make a small and round incision in the skin around a follicular unit, taking it out from the tissue.
What differentiates the FUE method from the more traditional FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) one is that in FUE, the harvesting of the individual follicular units is effectuated by extracting them directly from the donor area, many times one by one. As opposed, in FUT, an entire strip of skin is removed from the patient’s donor area and then it is dissected into several individual follicular units.
The process is reiterated until the hair transplant specialist extracted enough follicular units for the necessary hair restoration. The procedure can take several hours and it can be done in two successive days. The donor wounds – with a size of about 1 mm – heal entirely in the next seven to ten days, leaving extremely small white scars hidden in the hair at the back and on the sides of the scalp.
Here is a concise video about the FUE hair transplant technique. Take a look!
FUE advantages in Turkey
FUE hair transplant in Turkey has many advantages. We have years of experience in the FUE hair transplant method, being some of the most experienced surgeons in Turkey. Here are the main benefits of this method:
• The main advantage of FUE over the traditional strip FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) hair transplant method is that it does not leave any visible scars;
• It is extremely cost-effective: the prices practiced by our experienced hair transplant surgeons in Turkey for this type of procedure represent a fraction of the costs which patients would have to pay in most Western European and North American countries;
• The donor areas from where the follicular units are being harvested look unaffected, without any wounds;
• This procedure confers a natural look, without showing that a hair transplant method was used on the patient;
• FUE offers an attractive look because it is applied on the natural hairlines of each person’s head;
• This treatment does not utilize a scalpel or stitches, therefore it requires a short recovery of only a few days instead of months;
• The technique doesn’t produce any major wounds;
• It is totally painless, during and after the procedure, enabling the patients to walk or drive home immediately after the treatment;
• It requires only local anesthesia during the extraction of the follicular units, the same as when you go to the dentist, so that you’ll feel comfortable and painless during the entire procedure;
• When you come for an FUE hair transplant in Istanbul in our clinic, you will have the chance to enjoy the beautiful sceneries of the city during your stay.
Why have an FUE hair transplant with our clinic in Istanbul?
The Turkey FUE hair transplant method, although it utilizes the same principles as the more traditional techniques – involving basically extracting hair follicles from the donor area and implanting them on the bald areas – has become more popular because it delivers completely natural looking results.
This type of hair transplant method in Turkey is also less painful than other methods and it requires a minimal post-op recovery time. The healing time after an FUE hair transplant procedure in Istanbul is around one week. During this time, patients are advised not to engage in too intense physical activities, however they can go on with their normal daily schedule without any risks.
A brief history of FUE technique offered by our hair transplant experts in Turkey
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) was initially depicted by Masumi Inaba in Japan, in 1988, who first used a 1 mm needle in order to extract follicular units. It was successfully operated for the first time on public patients by Dr. Ray Woods in Australia, in 1989. 2002 was the year when this hair transplant method was depicted in the medical publication written by William R. Rassman and Robert M. Bernstein. During the meeting of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) in 2007, robotic FUE devices were first put into discussion, and in the following year’s ISHRS meeting, the research in robotic devices was first presented.
A huge improvement of this procedure was developed by Dr. Jim Harris, who added an auxiliary stage of blunt dissection to the method, substantially reducing the damage of the follicles. FUE hair transplantation method is continuously improving as more specialists learn, experience and practice this technique.
Our hair transplant experts have been providing the FUE hair restoration treatment for many years now, under the latest methods and technologies that are internationally recognized. If you would like to schedule a FUE hair transplant in Turkey, please contact us.