FUE vs Strip Method for Hair Transplant in Turkey
What exactly do the FUT and FUE hair transplant methods in Turkey mean?
In FUT, the hair is extracted using a long, thin donor strip that is afterwards divided into separate follicular units by using a special microscope. According to the International Society Hair Restoration Surgery, this method is the most performed procedure when it comes to hair transplants.
In FUE, separate follicular unit grafts are extracted directly from the sides and the back of the scalp utilizing a special instrument. After the recent introduction of motorized and robotic FUE devices, a greater number of hair follicles can be successfully extracted in a single operational session, turning this hair transplant method in Turkey into a more attractive one for patients and surgeons.
We invite you to watch a concise video about these two hair transplant methods.
Pros and cons of the FUT vs FUE hair transplant methods in Turkey
When it comes to comparing the two methods of hair transplant in Turkey, patients should ponder the following aspects:
FUT/Strip method in Turkey:
• Has lower costs of procedure;
• Requires shorter time of the operation (five to six hours);
• Has a shorter learning curve for the surgeon operating it;
• Leaves a linear scar in the donor area, which, if performed with care, can be invisible;
• It is a more invasive technique;
• Requires more skills from the surgeon who performs the microscopic dissection to make the most of the graft survival in order to achieve the desired outcome;
• Natural end results require an extremely qualified physician and team.
• FUE is more expensive;
• The surgery itself lasts longer (between 10 to 12 hours);
• The physician needs to be more experienced in order to achieve the desired results;
• Patients have to cut their hair short;
• Because it does not imply a strip being cut from the donor area, it causes only extremely small unnoticeable scars that heal naturally without the need of stitches or bandages.
• It necessitates a shorter recovery period of maximum one week until the patient is completely healed;
• It is less painful;
• Can use donor more various donor areas like the chest, legs and beard;
• It is more flexible, offering the possibility to rotate and reposition grafts when repairing a badly executed prior hair transplant;
• Can provide natural looking results in facial hair transplants like eyebrows, beard and moustache transplantations.
To find out more about the pros and cons of the FUT and FUE hair transplant methods in Turkey, please contact us.