How to Prepare for a Hair Transplant in Turkey
Updated on Monday 17th October 2016
Rate this article 2 reviewsbased on
Prior to the operation, patients are provided with a set of instructions which indicates how to prepare for a hair transplant in Turkey. These instructions may vary depending on the type of procedure which is undertaken, e.g. follicular unit transplantation (FUT) or follicular unit extraction (FUE) method. In either cases, they must be followed thoroughly.
One or two months prior to the hair transplant in Turkey
With one or two months before the hair transplant surgery in Turkey, patients are generally advised to:
• Plan the date of the hair transplant being aware of the fact that rest might be necessary in the following days and that sutures will have to be removed. If necessary, schedule a day for this as well;
• Learn which vitamins, foods and medications should be avoided;
• For cosmetic reasons, some patients prefer to grow their hair longer so that it can cover the donor and recipient areas after the hair transplant;
• Schedule your journey to Turkey and it might be helpful to book and extra day;
• Cure any diseases, skin infections or abnormalities in the operation sites, remembering to inform your hair transplant physician in Istanbul if any of these occur;
• Procure the prescriptions required by the hair transplant physician for post-operative care. These generally are comprised of antibiotics and drugs for any pain that might arise after the surgery.
One week prior to the hair transplant in Turkey
One week before the procedure, you are advised to prepare for a hair transplant in Turkey with the following measures:
• Do not smoke or drink alcohol;
• Patients are advised by their physicians not to use any drugs and vitamins which could have an adverse effect on the hair transplant (for example, they decrease blood coagulation) while it is considered safe for the patient. Sometimes patients are recommended not to take any painkillers like aspirin or ibuprofen;
• Change your diet or vitamin intake as recommended by your doctor.
Three days before the procedure in Istanbul
Three days before the hair transplant operation in Istanbul, patients are recommended to:
• Get as much sleep as possible;
• Stop certain types of physical exercises as recommended by the hair transplant doctor;
• Wash their hair each day with an antiseptic or antibacterial shampoo. Hair products like mousse, hair spray or gel are to be avoided;
• Cease using skin creams;
• Prepare for the hair transplant in Turkey by starting taking any antibiotics as prescribed;
• Do not to eat or drink with six to twelve hours before the hair transplant operation.
If you would like to know more about how to prepare for a hair transplant in Turkey, please contact us.