Results after a Hair Transplant in Turkey
Content overseen by Doctor Costin Pasnicu who has over 7 years of experience in the medical field and has performed numerous successful surgeries. He graduated from the renowned University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Carol Davila" Bucharest.
Below, we invite you to read about the results of a hair transplant. It is important to keep in mind that the hair transplant Turkey before and after results differ from one patient to another. This does not mean that the intervention was less than desirable, it is a process that is unique to the individual and in the end, it will lead to natural-looking results, the desired goal for most patients. These results can also be discussed with our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey before undergoing the operation.
How does a hair transplant work?
In order to understand how a hair transplant in our clinic in Istanbul works and its results, it is very important for the future patient to first understand how the procedure works. First of all, it is good to know that:
- an initial consultation where the procedure for the hair transplant is established and the results are explained will take place;
- the pre-operatory phase of the transplant will imply the preparation of the donor area with mild anesthesia;
- the hair transplant procedure will be realized by first collecting the hairs from the donor area;
- the implantation on the recipient area can take up to 9 hours, depending on the number of grafts to be transplanted;
- the post-operatory stage in which the patient must be very careful is important for the final results of the hair transplant.
It is useful to know that the results of a hair transplant are not permanent right after the procedure is completed. However, the stages of the operation will be explained by our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey when making the recommendations for the post-operatory care for the best results. We are able to provide you with information about the hair transplant in Turkey before and after once you have gone through the initial consultation and our doctor is able to make an informed prediction about what you can expect from the procedure.
In our hair transplant clinic in Istanbul, all the stages of the procedure and the care which needs to be ensured by the patient in order to obtain natural-looking results after the hair transplant are explained in detail.
Do hair transplants really work?
Among the many questions our surgeons get all the time are if a hair transplant really works and if the results are the ones presented in pictures on the Internet. Our doctors have not only the experience to back their reply that yes, hair transplants work and do offer spectacular results in certain cases, but also many studies that show the average number of cases they work in.
One of the most recent studies was published in 2016 by Healthline.com indicates that:
- between 10% to 80% of the transplanted hair grows back in 3 to 4 months after the procedure;
- the platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy can help with the regrowth of 75% of the transplanted hair;
- in order to obtain the best results, the transplanted hair cannot be combed for 3 weeks after the transplants;
- the average number of grafts in a hair transplant ranges between 1,800 and 2,500 grafts.
The number of grafts and the procedure used will also determine the final cost of such an operation. In our clinic in Istanbul, the Follicular Unit Extraction and the Follicular Unit Transplantation are the most employed procedures for a hair transplant which offer natural-looking results. It is also useful to know that Turkey is one of the cheapest countries in the world for a hair transplant without affecting the results of the surgery.
If you need information on the average cost of a hair transplant in our clinic in Istanbul, we invite you to talk to our surgeons.
Step-by-step guide in understanding the results of a hair transplant
Those who want to know when the results of a hair transplant in Turkey become visible, we must recommend them to be patient. In order to understand how such a procedure works, here is what one needs to know:
- during the first 3 days after the surgery the donor and the recipient areas will be covered in order to avoid swelling and damage to the transplanted hair;
- between days 5 and 7 the transplanted hair become harder and will not fall when touched;
- between days 15 and 30 the hair will start growing indicating the first signs of the final results;
- between months 1 and 3 shock hair loss will occur, during which the transplanted hair will fall, however, this is normal;
- between months 4 and 6 the first final results of the hair transplants will appear.
The timeline presented above indicates that patients will need to give it some time before they will be able to enjoy the true results of the hair transplant in Turkey before and after. However, patience is rewarded with natural-looking results, a new hairline, and a different hair density.
By the first year after the surgery, the transplanted hair will keep growing and become thicker. This is also the last stage of a successful hair transplant. So, as you can read here, the results of a hair transplant imply a lot of patience.
One Month after FUE Hair Transplant: What to Expect
One month after the FUE hair transplant, it is important to know what to expect. Keep in mind that by the end of the third week, the transplanted hair still sheds. After four weeks, the hair follicles enter a resting stage and the patient has the same looks as he or she did before the operation. It is possible now to dye the hair.
When it comes to the results after a hair transplant in Turkey, one should keep in mind some of the following aspects:
1. Hair transplant results are not instant
As previously stated, the hair transplant in Turley before and after true result is enjoyed sometime after the procedure. Most of the times, an FUE hair transplant procedure lasts around six to eight hours to be completed. Nevertheless, the full results after a hair transplant operation in Turkey can be noticed five to eight months later – depending on each patient’s particular biological factors. After the transplantation, the hair that grows from the implanted grafts will ultimately fall out in around four weeks.
This is normal, being a part of the recovery process, so there is no need to panic. You will have to be patient in order to go through the entire process of the transplant, aftercare, and recovery of the hair follicles, which lasts a few months. Remember, the results after a hair transplant in Turkey, once seen, will last a lifetime, so it is worth to wait!
2. Set realistic expectations after a hair transplant in Turkey
Modern FUE hair transplantations in Turkey can be extremely efficient for numerous individuals. However, one has to keep in mind that surgeons are only capable of achieving what is physically possible. For cases with highly developed hair loss, a hair transplantation in Turkey might not be successful enough.
When discussing with their patients during the consultation, our surgeons always try to set realistic expectations for the outcome of the procedures. In certain – extremely rare – cases, the hair transplant procedure is not achievable.
3. Hair transplant in Turkey does not stop hair loss
The hair follicles implanted during an FUE operation are not subjected to the normal hair loss process. As a result, the outcomes after a hair transplant in Turkey are permanent. However, the hair follicles which were not transplanted could still be affected by hair loss.
Consequently, for some patients, further hair transplant surgery might be needed five to eight years down the line, in order to correct the supplementary hair loss.
4. The outcome of a hair transplant in Turkey is permanent
Hair restoration offers permanent outcomes and the hair transplant in Turkey before and after can make a strong impression And this is the reason why many patients who suffer from permanent hair loss undergo such a procedure. And in Turkey, it is more cost-effective for the long term, creating natural-looking results, as well.
5. The transplanted hair will shed after the operation
When looking at hair transplant results in Turkey, it is important to keep in mind that, two to five weeks following the hair transplant operation in Istanbul, the patient can experience shock loss. This is a normal phase of the healing process, resulting in a reaction to the trauma incurred by the scalp.
It is also the opportunity to have new and stronger hairs to grow in the transplanted areas. It is a normal process and there is nothing to worry about. This dormant phase in the growth of the hair is only temporary. In several months, patients will be able to observe that the new hair is starting to grow.
6. The overall hair transplant cost in Turkey will depend on the amount of transplanted hair
When you come to our clinic for the initial consultation, the physician will make an assessment of how much hair has to be transplanted in order to achieve the desired results. That is the reason why there is no fixed price for such a procedure.
The price for each graft, though, is fixed, depending on the region where you would like to have it transplanted and on the hair restoration method used by the surgeon.
Natural-Looking Hair Transplant Results in Turkey
Clients who wish to know more about the FUE or follicular unit extraction technique can reach out to our specialists. This is the technique that is able to offer the most natural-looking results, compared to the alternative (FUT – follicular unit transplantation). It offers natural results irrespective of the hairstyle that the patient will wish to adopt after recovery and it is the preferred one for a man who adopts a close-shaven hairstyle because it leaves no visible scars (due to the technique to collect individual follicular units and the manner in which they are inserted into the recipient area). This can also be an option for beard transplants, for men who are also interested in this procedure.
What can ensure the natural-looking results after a hair transplant in Turkey?
- you must be a good candidate for the hair transplant, and you can know that only by coming in for a consult;
- you must have healthy hair and a good donor area, and our surgeons in Turkey can assess the condition of your hair;
- you must discuss with the doctor the best hair transplant method which will ensure the natural-looking result;
- you must follow the indications of our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey after the transplant.
These steps will help you enjoy true results when looking bank on the hair transplant in Turkey before and after pictures.
Why choose Turkey for a hair transplant?
Turkey has become of the most important hair transplant hubs in the world, partially because it is easy to arrive to and partially because of the lower prices compared to other jurisdictions. Also, the final results of hair transplants completed on patients from all over the world recommend Turkey for such procedures.
Some of the main reasons to come to Turkey for a hair transplant are the following:
- Costs: the prices are the main reasons why patients from the United Kingdom or the United States prefer traveling to another country for this procedure; the overall costs for the procedure are lower, in most cases even when including the accommodation and transport; a welcomed bonus is the fact that the patient can visit and explore a new destination.
- Expertise: Turkey is known to be a medical tourism destination and clinics take pride in working with professionals, such as the ones from our very own hair transplant clinic in Turkey; high quality is present throughout the procedure as well as the interaction with clients, therefore there is no sacrificing the results for the lower costs;
- Packages: most clinics offer all-inclusive packages, and this means that clients will not necessarily need to book their accommodation separately; a local agent can customize the facilities and the stay;
- The experience: Turkey is visited by millions of people each year and 2019 was actually a record year for tourism, according to data from the Statistical Institute.
What’s more, when you choose Turkey as a destination to perform a hair transplant intervention, you will most likely be able to schedule the procedure as you see fit, not according to a very long waiting list. Understandably, many foreigners come to the country for the exact same reason, however, given the fact that there are numerous options, the waiting lists do not extend for months at a time. With careful planning, you are able to schedule the hair transplant in such a way that you will be able to use your annual holiday leave days when or if you also plan to spend some time in the country.
The final results of a hair transplant in our clinic in Istanbul can be seen in approximately one year from the surgery and during this time, you can benefit from guidance and advice from our doctors. The hair transplant in Turkey before and after is quite impressive in many cases and patients experience an increase in their self-esteem, which in turn can lead to important improvements in all areas of life, whether they concern romantic relationships or one’s career.
Turkey is much more than a destination for cosmetic procedures, albeit is it a very popular medical tourism destination. Another reason why you should choose Turkey for a hair transplant is that the country is welcoming and offering for tourists. You will likely have to spend two or three days in the country after the procedure itself (as per the scheduled final consultation) and during this time you will be able to enjoy the sights of Istanbul, visit the Blue Mosque and experience the numerous cultural influences in the city. Turkey not only has the potential to offer a unique vacation, it is also the location where you will be able to schedule an affordable and high-quality cosmetic procedure for your hair.
Please contact our Turkey hair transplant specialists if you have any further questions or concerns about the hair transplant results in Turkey or if you want to know the hair transplant cost in Turkey.