Options for Men with Insufficient Donor Hair Density
Below, our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey detail the alternatives for men with insufficient donor hair density.
You can also watch our video on options for men with insufficient donor hair density:
What are the best alternatives to a hair transplant in Turkey?
For male patients with insufficient donor hair density, our medical team advises the following alternatives to hair transplants:
- medication – there are several medical solutions which can help men regrow hair, including on the donor area which can later be used for a transplant;
- laser therapy can also stimulate the growth of hair which can later be used for a hair transplant in Turkey;
- the PRP method which is useful not only in male patients but also in women;
- scalp micropigmentation is one of the newest technologies used to recreate a natural hairline;
- transplant of hair from different body parts is often used in men with insufficient donor hair density.
Candidates for hair transplants can benefit from these services in our hair transplant clinic in Istanbul.
Medication as an alternative to hair transplants
After consulting a male patient with insufficient donor hair density, our surgeons in Istanbul can recommend buying certain medication which helps the patient grow back the missing hair. It is important to know that is best to purchase hair growth medicines only after being consulted by a dermatologist who can make the right recommendations.
Laser therapy for patients suffering from hair loss
Another faster alternative is laser therapy which will stimulate the growth of healthy hair follicles. This is a new version of the laser light comb which was proved to provide very good results in patients who suffer from severe hair loss.
PRP as a hair transplant alternative in Turkey
The platelet-rich plasma (PRP) method implies the centrifugation of the patient’s blood until the plasma is separated from the blood cells. The plasma is then injected in the areas with problems, and thus stimulating new hair follicles to grow.
For patients with severe hair loss, scalp micropigmentation can represent the best option. This implies tattooing the scalp in areas with missing hair. It is also one of the most cost-effective alternatives
to a hair transplant in Turkey.
Body hair transplant in Turkey
Men with insufficient donor hair density can be good candidates for a hair transplant when the donor area is represented by other parts of the body. The chest and the back are usually the best body parts for a hair transplant.
For full information on the alternatives to a hair transplant, please contact our surgeons in Istanbul.