Hair Transplant for Women in Turkey
Content overseen by Doctor Costin Pasnicu who has over 7 years of experience in the medical field and has performed numerous successful surgeries. He graduated from the renowned University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Carol Davila" Bucharest.
Although baldness commonly affects men and has a negative impact on their overall quality of life, , the psycho-social effects of hair loss tend to be more pronounced for women, as society is more likely to accept a man with baldness than a woman.
|Female-pattern hair loss||Female-pattern hair loss usually results in hair thinning over the crown (the top and back) of the head|
Causes of hair loss in women
Female pattern baldness;
Thyroid or skin conditions;
Excessive hairstyling, etc.
Consultation for a hair transplant in Turkey for women
Schedule an appointment at our clinic specializing in hair transplants in Turkey;
Discuss your medical history, current hair condition, and the desired results;
Evaluate your hair and scalp in person and assess the appropriate treatment option.
Extracting hair grafts from the donor areas;
Implanting grafts into the areas experiencing hair loss or baldness.
|Post-op indications|| |
Use prescribed medication;
Cover your scalp for two days to protect it;
Do not wash your hair in the first days after the operation;
Drink plenty of water;
Avoid sunlight and smoking.
|Common hair transplant tehniques|| |
FUE and DHI
|Non-invasive operation (YES/NO)|| |
Women who have diffuse hair loss or diffuse patternless alopecia;
Pregnant or breast-feeding women;
Patients with pre-existing medical conditions (such as heart disease, diabetes, liver failure, blood pressure, and kidney failure).
|General anesthesia (YES/NO)|| |
NO, but local anesthesia is administered
|Effectiveness||A female hair transplant in Turkey is a successful method for hair loss if the patient is a suitable candidate|
Significant results can appear from 3-4 months after the initial procedure
The cost for a hair transplant in Turkey for women can vary based on factors such as the specific transplant area and desired hair density;
For a personalized cost estimate, we recommend contacting our Istanbul hair transplant clinic
|Operation time (approx.)|| |
|Why choose Turkey|| |
Tourism opportunities, etc.
|Advantages of getting a female hair transplant in Turkey|| |
A non-invasive procedure;
Advanced techniques and technology;
Our surgeons are experts in hair transplants in Turkey.
A hair transplant in Turkey for women is a permanent solution to hair loss and hair thinning, allowing the patient to enjoy the affordable costs offered by clinics in Turley, in comparison to the prices practiced in other EU or non-EU countries.
Female-pattern hair loss can have an early onset. Unlike hair loss in men, the majority of women with pattern hair loss suffer from a visible thinning hair over the crown region of the head. The modern procedures for hair transplant in Turkey for women allow patients to regain their self-esteem by treating this condition.
Many of our patients are interested in the available procedures and innovations for hair restoration, and at the same time, they are concerned with the hair transplant cost in Turkey. Our team has summarized the main costs in a dedicated article, however, we do want to remind our patients that each person is different and may require a personalized approach, depending on the desired results. The cost for the procedure/procedures can be estimated by one of our hair transplant doctors in Turkey after an initial consultation.
Common causes of hair loss in women
Hair loss can have different causes both in men and in women. The underlying cause of hair loss can influence not only how fast the hair falls (and the quantity of lost hair), but also if the hair will be able to regenerate on its own or if the patient will need specialized treatment, and perhaps female hair transplant in Turkey, to ensure hair restoration.
Some of the most common reasons for female hair loss, as reported by our hair transplant specialists in Istanbul who have treated female patients, include the following:
- Female pattern baldness: also called androgenetic alopecia, this condition is hereditary and is one of the most common reasons for hair loss in women; it mainly affects women over the age of 50;
- Anemia: this condition occurs when the red blood cell count is lower than normal; iron deficiency anemia is most commonly met in women and it can cause hair loss;
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS): a common condition in which the ovaries have abnormal functioning; the symptoms can include hair loss;
- Thyroid conditions: severe hypo- and hyperthyroidism can cause hair loss (in a diffuse pattern, rather than causing localized hair loss in limited areas);
- Skin conditions: these include diseases such as seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, or fungus;
- Lupus: an immune system disease that can cause scarring and non-scarring hair loss;
- Alopecia areata: a disease in which the immune system affects the hair follicles, causing hair loss;
- Excessive hairstyling: certain hairstyles, such as high and tight ponytails, or frequent and aggressive hair dying can cause hair loss;
- Childbirth: post-partum hormonal imbalances can cause hair loss, even though some women can report having fuller and healthier hair while being pregnant; for women who are no longer of childbearing potential, menopause can also cause hair loss issues.
Women who have had chemotherapy will also experience hair loss. For those who have battled cancer, restorative hair procedures can be an important step toward their full recovery.
Our hair transplant experts in Turkey will take into account your unique cause or causes of hair loss and will recommend an adequate hair transplant method. If needed, we will also provide you with information on special treatments and procedures available at our clinic. We will be able to give you more details about the hair transplant price in Turkey once you decide on the final treatment.
Some facts about hair loss you can keep in mind are the following:
- it is normal to lose about 50 to 100 hairs each day;
- heavy hair loss is defined as losing more than 125 hairs per day;
- female pattern hair loss can affect about 40% of women by age 50.
When suffering from hair loss, it is important to get advice from a specialized physician who can prescribe the most appropriate treatment. All women who come to our clinic in Turkey receive personalized treatment and counsel on the most adequate hair restoration procedures, according to their underlying conditions(s) and personal history.
We invite you to watch a video about hair implants that take into account a woman's unique needs:
Steps for female hair transplant in Turkey
We list the main steps you should take into account if you are considering undergoing this type of cosmetic procedure:
- Schedule an initial consultation with one of our physicians; you will discuss your medical history, your current hair condition, and the desired results; our hair transplant surgeon will then present you with the treatment plan and you will schedule the pre-procedure consultation which will take place in Turkey;
- Your physician will assess the adequate treatment option in person, will estimate the number of grafts, and make decisions concerning the donor areas after an in-person evaluation;
- The procedure will take place on a scheduled day and the surgeon will start by making the needed donor-areas extractions; the implantation takes place the same day;
- The post-operative visit will consist of another visit to our clinic, during which your doctor will evaluate your evolution and provide you with further information on how you should care for the transplanted hair.
Your hair transplant doctor in Turkey will give you detailed information about the hair transplant stages. It is natural for the transplanted hair to fall, as the new hair follicles follow their natural stages. However, you should not be alarmed. This does not mean that your female hair transplant in Turkey has failed. You will soon enjoy new hairs as the growth cycle continues.
You can improve your quality of life by undergoing a simple cosmetic procedure that will allow you to reduce or eliminate existing insecurities about the aspect of your hair. We understand that the costs play an important role, this is why we can estimate the hair transplant cost in Turkey after an initial discussion.
Please reach out to our experts for more information on hair transplants in Turkey for women.