Eyebrow Transplantation in Turkey
Content overseen by Doctor Costin Pasnicu who has over 7 years of experience in the medical field and has performed numerous successful surgeries. He graduated from the renowned University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Carol Davila" Bucharest.
If you are experiencing permanent hair loss at the eyebrows or you are beginning to go through thinning because of genetic reasons, over-plucking, or illnesses, the eyebrow transplantation in Turkey is the right solution to your problem. Just like other facial hair transplants, this type of procedure is an extremely artistic one, the brow being individually shaped established on the facial type and features, with customized results for each patient.
If you decide for an eyebrow transplant in Turkey, we invite you to our clinic where you can benefit from the services of professionals with years of experience in the hair transplant field.
|Causes of eyebrow thinning|| |
- genetic factors,
- health issues, etc.
- patients with uneven eyebrows,
- conditions leading to facial hair loss,
- medication-induced hair loss,
- patients unhappy for cosmetic reasons, etc.
Steps of eyebrow transplant in Turkey
- consult with our specialists in hair transplant in Istanbul,
- select the appropriate donor area,
- graft extraction and implantation.
|Local anesthesia used (YES/NO)|| |
|Number of grafts used (approx.)|| |
150 - 400 (single side)
|Donor area considerations|| |
- nape of the neck
|Surgery duration (approx.)|| |
Most patients can leave the clinic on the same day with minimal discomfort.
|Available for both male and female patients (YES/NO)||YES|
|Post-surgery indications|| |
- keep the area open to facilitate fast healing,
- avoid smoking,
- oxygen therapies might be recommended.
|Eyebrow transplant costs|| |
Depends on the number of grafts transplanted.
|Advantages of eyebrow transplant in Turkey|| |
- natural-looking results,
- permanent solution,
- quick recovery,
- minimal discomfort and scarring,
- low costs, etc.
|Other services available|| |
- hair transplant,
- eyelash transplant,
- beard transplant, etc.
|Why choose our clinic|| |
- skilled hair transplant surgeons,
- latest technology and equipment,
- budget-friendly services,
- tourism opportunities, etc.
Is eyebrow transplant a common procedure in Turkey?
With so many cosmetic procedures that offer satisfactory results, many people would believe eyebrow transplants are not very sought. The less known fact is that many people (both men and women) are tired of going through the same process every day or every month in order to have their eyebrows looking good. This is why eyebrow transplants are quite requested in our clinic in Istanbul.
When is an eyebrow transplant recommended?
There are several situations in which eyebrow transplants are recommended by our doctors in Turkey. Among these, we can mention the following:
- when the patient has suffered an accident, which left the eyebrow area uneven;
- when the patient suffers from a condition which leads to hair loss not only on the head but also on the face;
- when the patient has taken medication, which caused scalp and facial hair loss, eyebrow transplant is a solution;
- when the patient simply feels unhappy because of how their eyebrows look or better said for cosmetic reasons;
- when the patient wants a permanent and natural-looking result after losing partially or totally their eyebrows.
We should also mention that our doctors can perform an eyebrow transplant on one both eyebrows. However, in order to determine the correct procedure, patients are usually invited for a consultation in our hair transplant clinic in Turkey.
Eyebrow transplantation procedure in Turkey
The eyebrow transplant in Turkey is effectuated in our state-of-the-art clinic. Firstly, the physician establishes together with the patient the design of the eyebrow in order to make sure that the results are extremely aesthetic and as natural looking as possible. For this kind of procedure, our physicians use the Follicular Unit Extraction method (FUE), the follicular units being harvested from the scalp and then implanted on the eyebrows area. The area of the implant is treated with local anesthesia so that the patient does not experience any pain. Depending on the extent of the eyebrow transplant in Turkey – if it is a small restoration meant to conceal a scar or a full one, for thick eyebrows – the transplantation can consist of between 50 and 400 grafts per eyebrow, with each graft being comprised of one or two follicular hairs. The hair transplant cost in Turkey for eyebrows will largely depend on the number of grafts needed per each eyebrow. When the operation is finished, the donor areas are bandaged and the patient is able to leave the clinic on the same day with the least amount of pain.
Stages in an eyebrow transplant operation in Turkey
The stages of an eyebrow transplant are the same as those of a hair transplant completed in our clinic in Istanbul. The first step is related to the consultation where the patient will be examined, several digital simulations on a computer to determine how the eyebrows will look after the transplant, and the transplant technique to be used are established.
The preparation for the eyebrow transplant will imply mild anesthesia on the donor and recipient areas. Compared to a hair transplant, an eyebrow transplant has a few particularities, especially when it comes to the donor area. In this sense, the hair grafts to be transplanted on the eyebrow area must match the existing ones (if the patient has thin eyebrows which only need to be enriched) or should be selected in order to offer the best and most natural-looking results (if the patient has no eyebrows). This is why the donor area is usually the occipital, the pre-auricular or nape of the neck.
It is also useful to know that because of the distinct particularities of male and female patients, for male patients the best donor areas are occipital and pre-auricular areas, while for female patients the nape and the pre-auricular areas are better donor areas.
Once the grafts are collected, they are implanted in the eyebrow area through the Follicular Unit Extraction method.
Our surgeons in Istanbul can offer more information on how an eyebrow transplant is completed in Turkey.
The implantation of grafts in an eyebrow transplant
It is important to note that an eyebrow transplant is a more delicate procedure than a hair transplant because of the smaller area the surgeons operate on. However, the procedure is simplified by the fact that a significantly smaller number of grafts is required and so, the time spent on the procedure is also lesser. After the extraction, the grafts are kept in groups of 50 in chilled saline solution and only at the time of implantation they are separated. An eyebrow transplant in our clinic in Turkey is usually completed within an hour after the harvesting of the grafts in order to ensure the survival of most of them.
FAQ about Eyebrow Transplantation in Turkey
5. What is the method used for an eyebrow transplant?
- a consult during which the patient will explain their problem and the desired outcome and an assessment of the surgeon;
- the surgeon will then explain the patient the procedure for the eyebrow transplant in Turkey and prepare him or her for the operation;
- during the operation, hair follicles are harvested from the donor area and transplanted onto the eyebrows;
- once the procedure is completed, our surgeons will give the patient the post-operatory instructions.
Post-operative care after an eyebrow transplant in our clinic in Istanbul
Post-operative care after having an eyebrow transplant implies keeping the area open in order for fast healing, however, in certain cases, it is possible for the doctor to recommend additional therapies that help oxygenate the area.
As about the transplanted eyebrows, the hair grows in cycles: soon after the operation, the transplanted follicles will fall and the eyebrow will regain its looks from before the procedure. After that, the implanted hair will begin to regrow in three months. After nine months to maximum a year, the eyebrow newly transplanted hair will be fully regrown.
An extensive study on eyebrow and eyelash transplants has been published by the US National Library of Medicine a few years ago, and it indicates that:
- 354 patients with an average age of 29 from 18 countries have participated;
- 140 patients were male, while 151 of the patients were female;
- the procedures used for the eyebrow transplants were FUT and FUE;
- the transplanted grafts have reached maturity 4 to 5 months after the operation;
- the maximum density of the eyebrow transplants was visible 8 to 14 months after the transplant.
With extremely low costs compared to the same procedures in the UK or US, our hair transplant clinic in Turkey specializes in hair restoration procedures, with numerous patients from all over the world being happy with the results we helped them achieve. If you would like to know more about the eyebrow transplantation or about the hair transplant cost in Turkey, please contact one of our hair transplant physicians in Istanbul.