Costs for FUE Vs. FUT in Turkey
Both the FUE and FUT methods are used in Turkey and one of the main differences between them is the price. When comparing the costs of an FUE to a FUT hair transplant, however, there are a few more factors to consider.
We invite you to read below about the costs of FUE and FUT hair transplants in Turkey. With years of experience behind, our doctors use the most modern and advanced techniques in performing hair transplants in our clinic in Istanbul, including the FUE and FUT methods.
The FUE hair transplant procedure and its cost in Turkey
Follicular Unit Extraction is one of the most employed hair transplant procedures in our clinic in Turkey at the moment, as many patients coming to us ask for the use of techniques which offer natural-looking results. Among these, FUE is one of the most accurate and safest procedures. Compared to other procedures which imply special medical devices and thus higher costs, FUE is cheaper.
Those who want to undergo a hair transplant in Turkey should know the following about the FUE procedure and what could influence its costs:
- the doctors will recommend the FUE hair transplant procedure if the patient is a good candidate;
- the cost of such a procedure will depend on the number of grafts needed to offer the desired results;
- the average number of grafts needed during a hair transplant procedure is 3,000 hair follicles;
- in the case of an FUE hair transplant operation, each hair to be implanted is collected individually, which makes this procedure very meticulous;
- the recovery time after an FUE procedure is minimal, however, patients are advised to avoid sunlight during the first few months;
- the final results after a hair transplant through the FUE method can be seen in approximately one year after the procedure.
Considering these facts and the fact that a hair transplant through the FUE procedure can span over 2 days in special cases, the average cost of an FUE hair transplant in Turkey is 2,500 euros.
For more information and a personalized offer, we invite you for an initial consult in our hair transplant clinic in Istanbul where our doctors will recommend the best technique.
The FUT hair transplant procedure and its costs in Turkey
The other modern technique used by our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey is the Follicular Unit Transplantation method which is slightly different from FUE.
FUT implies the harvest of an entire strip of hair from the donor area which is then implanted in the recipient area. This procedure is usually used for patients who have specific bald patterns which imply large patches of missing hair. Also, FUT is also a viable solution for female patients suffering from alopecia. FUT is one of the less invasive hair transplant procedures employed in our hair transplant clinic in Turkey.
Among the other advantages of the FUT hair transplant technique, there is the fact that the graft is larger than that harvested in an FUE hair transplant and it is surrounded by healthy tissue which will ensure a better connection with the recipient area.
When it comes to the costs associated with the FUT hair transplant in Turkey, these are cheaper than those of an FUE hair transplant by a few hundred euros.
Our hair transplant doctors in Turkey can answer all the questions related to the FUT hair transplant procedure.
FUE or FUT in Turkey?
If you want to undergo a hair transplant in Turkey and don’t know which procedure the best for you is or if you are worried about the costs of the FUE and FUT procedures, here is what you should consider:
- FUT is cheaper than the FUE hair transplant procedure, however, it could not be the best solution for you;
- the price of the FUT method is usually cheaper by a few hundred euros/US dollars, however, the difference could be spent other medical procedures;
- the FUE method is more complex and requires more time which explains the difference in costs;
- the method is usually chosen by the patient after consulting with the doctor and is recommended based on the expectations of the beneficiary;
- no matter the chosen procedure, each patient will benefit from tailored services which can impact the cost of the procedure.
For a personalized hair transplant offer through the FUE or FUT procedures in our clinic in Turkey, please contact us.