Beard and Moustache Transplantation in Turkey
Content overseen by Doctor Costin Pasnicu who has over 7 years of experience in the medical field and has performed numerous successful surgeries. He graduated from the renowned University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Carol Davila" Bucharest.
Beard and moustache transplants in Turkey are becoming more and more popular, as many men face the problem of lack of facial hair due to genetics, hormones, past illnesses or scars. Even if they don’t wish to grow a long beard or moustache, men still feel that facial hair is a symbol of masculinity and have a lot of inferiority complexes when they don’t have it or they have too little of it.
>> The Solution? Contact our hair transplant clinic in Turkey which also operates beard and moustache transplants, coming to respond to the increasing demand of our male patients. We invite you into our modern clinic to take advantage of all the benefits a beard and moustache hair transplant can offer you.
Particularities of beard and moustache transplants
Beard and moustache transplants can be provided to male patients starting with early ages, usually earlier than hair transplants. There are 20-year old patients who request facial hair transplants, however, there is no particular age for such a procedure. Also, patients can choose to have a beard or moustache transplant or even both, depending on their needs.
Another important aspect of facial hair transplant is the donor area which is usually the back of the neck. This is because the hair follicles here have similar particularities with the facial hair of patients. The grafts to be collected from the donor area must match the existing facial hair in thickness, length, inclination, and even color.
Facial hair transplants are usually completed in one day, therefore, patients can leave the clinic the same day they checked in.
A beard and moustache hair transplant is usually completed by additional treatments, however, our doctors will make such recommendations where required. Our doctors are very professionals in the field of hair transplantation and can even help patients who want to repair their scars through FUE.
Why Can’t Some Men Grow Beards?
Who can opt for beard transplants in Turkey or moustache transplants?
There are several categories of patients who cannot undergo beard and/or moustache transplants. These are usually patients who would not obtain good or any results after such transplantation, such as persons suffering from certain conditions, like alopecia.
The number of patients who can obtain great results, on the other hand, is quite large and involves the following categories of men:
- Men who have suffered from various types of injuries and are left with scars on the face;
- Men who have previously undergone other surgeries and are left without one or more patches of facial hair;
- Men who were victims of burns can be very successful beard and moustache hair transplants;
- Men who have naturally less facial hair are usually the most common patients for these types of transplants.
Patients seeking to undergo a beard transplant in Turkey or a moustache transplant can also choose micro-pigmentation before making such a drastic decision. The surgeons in our Turkey hair transplant clinic will offer personalized consults and treatments to each patient after a preliminary evaluation. We have some of the best hair transplant doctors in Turkey, so you can rely on our team if you need hair restoration services.
Procedures for beard and moustache transplants in Turkey
The techniques used for beard and moustache transplants in our clinic in Istanbul are usually the same as in any other hair transplant, with the specific information that no matter the procedure used, the entire operation is completed much faster than a hair transplant.
The Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and the Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) are the most employed techniques for beard and moustache transplants in our clinic in Istanbul. Most of the times, the FUE procedure is used by our surgeons because of the accuracy of the technique and because the number of grafts is lower than the ones required for the usual hair transplant.
Other techniques which imply the use of specific tools can also be employed, however, most of the times FUE will meet all the needs of the surgeons and of the patients who want to take advantage of the great results offer by an FUE hair transplant in Turkey.
Before undergoing such a hair transplant, we invite you to discuss your cause or condition and find a suitable option with our surgeons in Istanbul.
Steps in a beard and moustache transplant in Turkey
Facial hair transplants have become quite popular among our patients, as they do not require an extensive surgical intervention. The number of patients asking for beard and moustache transplants has increased as a consequence of many hormonal changes which lead to male patients having lesser facial hair.
The steps to be completed in a beard and moustache hair transplant will first imply an initial consultation during which the procedure will be selected with the help of our doctors. We want to assure you that all your desires and requests will be considered when choosing the procedure used for a beard hair transplant in our clinic in Istanbul.
During this consult, the donor and recipient areas are established. The approximate number of grafts is also determined. The consult will help speed up the procedure and will be an important step in determining the cost of the entire procedure.
Then, the patient will be prepared for the operation which will imply mild anesthesia of the donor area. Most of the time, the back of the neck is suitable as a donor area because the hairs here match those on the face. Once the donor area is anesthetized, the hair follicles to be implanted in the recipient area are collected one by one. Once the grafts are collected, they are checked for viability and the implantation on the recipient will begin.
Our hair transplant surgeons in Turkey can explain the procedure in detail. They will take you through every stage of the procedure right before the surgery. In case you need an eyebrow transplant in Turkey, our clinic offers this service too. Moreover, if you are interested in a strip hair transplant, our team can help you.
Beard transplants in Turkey
Beard transplant is a surgery that implies transplanting hair usually from the scalp to the beard area, generally using the FUE hair transplant method. This operation sometimes is used to thicken the already existing beard or to fill in patchy regions. The transplanted beard can be shaved and styled as wished after some time. Transplants of this kind can be made for sideburns, a goatee or moustache.
Such a specialized operation is performed only by certain qualified surgeons and it can last two to four hours. The donor follicular units are usually taken from the scalp because they have a similar texture as the ones from the beard. After applying local anesthesia in both areas, the surgeon extracts the follicular units from the scalp and implants them in extremely small incisions into the beard skin. The hair follicles are carefully implanted into the natural direction of the hair growth, also paying attention to the aesthetics, for example, grey hairs. If the existing beard is very thin, it might be required to operate several procedures in order to add thickness.
The transplanted hair follicles fall after one month and new ones begin to grow in approximately three months, taking about one year to fully grow in. It is usually possible to shave, trim, or style the beard only a few weeks after the transplant was completed.
Moustache transplants in Turkey
Moustache transplantation is an important hair transplant service that we provide in Turkey. It involves transplanting follicular units extracted from the nape to the upper lip. It is effectuated using the FUE hair transplant method. The hair follicles maintain their natural shape and grow in the same manner as the natural hair in the transplanted areas.
We invite you to watch the following video about beard and moustache transplants in Turkey:
Facts on beard and moustache transplantations
When considering a beard transplant in Turkey and/or a moustache hair transplant, it is important to remember aspects such as:
• They are very similar to scalp hair transplants in Istanbul: the procedure used to perform these transplants are quite the same as the scalp restoration ones. Simply put, your surgeon attentively selects hairs from the back and the sides of the scalp which are the most similar to the facial hairs and then transplants them on the recipient areas. When transplanting hairs for the beard and moustache, though, the physician effectuates smaller incisions;
• They are time-consuming: a beard or moustache transplantation in Turkey can last for two to five hours, depending on the recipient area and the desired density;
• The new hairs will grow normally: the newly transplanted facial hair will grow like normal hair, having similar texture and features;
• They are painless: like any other Turkey hair transplant, these procedures, too, are painless;
• Post-op instructions: it is recommended not to shave the newly transplanted facial hair for the following 10 days after the surgery. Also, it is important to know that the transplanted hair will shed in two weeks after the procedure. However, three to four months after the surgery, the transplanted hair will grow and you will be able to enjoy a new, better look;
• Permanent results: beard transplants in Turkey bring a permanent solution for men who want to have facial hair. The newly transplanted hairs will never fall off. If you want to know the price of such a procedure, you can ask our local specialists for more details about the hair transplant cost in Turkey.
How much does a beard transplant cost in Turkey?
It is well-known that Turkey is one of the cheapest countries in the world when it comes to hair transplants and this principle also applies to beard transplants. This is why a beard transplant in Turkey can be obtained for less than 2,000 euros for patients who need a small number of grafts, however, the price can go higher based on how many grafts are needed. It should also be noted that this price refers only to the cost of the procedure and no other additional costs which should also be taken into consideration.
In order to determine how much a beard transplant in our hair transplant clinic in Istanbul will cost you, we invite you for the first consultation with one of our specialists.
Other costs which should be considered in a beard transplant in Turkey
The overall cost of a beard transplant in Turkey can be influenced by many factors, because:
- during the initial consult, the price of the operation forwarded can be slightly lower;
- the number of grafts is the main indicator of the overall cost of a beard transplant in Turkey;
- the procedure used for the transplant will also influence the cost of the beard transplant;
- transport and accommodation should also be included in the cost of the beard transplant;
- post-operatory care will also imply additional costs, depending on the recovery of the patient;
- the price of the operation can be lower if the patient decides to travel to Turkey in spring or autumn time because of the cheaper flights.
The overall cost of a beard transplant in our clinic in Turkey depends on how well the trip to Istanbul is planned. Our hair transplant surgeons in Istanbul can offer various tips which can reduce the cost of a beard transplant.
You can rely on us if you need mustache or other types of hair transplants in Turkey.
The procedure used to complete a beard transplant operation in Turkey
Just like in the case of a hair transplant, Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) and Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) are two main procedures used in beard and mustache transplants. In terms of costs, a beard transplant is cheaper through the FUT method. This is also the procedure recommended by our surgeons in Istanbul.
A beard transplant through the FUE procedure implies collecting individual grafts from other parts of the body and their insertion in the beard area. This will render natural results and will also imply a minimum recovery period. In our hair transplant clinic in Turkey, you can benefit from innovative procedures and treatments which can help you restore your confidence.
What to expect when coming to Turkey for a beard transplant
Turkey is famous for its medical facilities, which in most cases are located in resorts or cities with great history, like Istanbul, where our clinic is.
Once you step into our modern clinic, our friendly team of doctors will take you through every step of the beard transplant procedure, will answer all your questions and, of course, will explain how much it will cost. If additional treatments are required, our medical team will make sure to inform you.
All our services are tailored to the patient’s needs, so if you have any preferences, we invite you to let us know about them.
You can discuss the costs of a beard transplant in Turkey with our doctors anytime.
Why facial hair transplants in Turkey?
According to The Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry Investment Support and Promotion Agency, in 2014 approximately 414,600 visitors traveled to Turkey looking for medical treatments, which represented an increase of 55% compared to the previous year. According to the same Agency, medical tourists injected USD 837 million worth of medical treatments in the country. A large portion of these treatments are facial hair transplants, and our clinic is one of the most reputed in Istanbul for such operations.
Turkey is one of the cheapest countries for a hair transplant, and beard transplants are no exception. If you decide to undergo a beard transplant in our clinic in Istanbul, you should know that:
- the lowest price starts at a little under 2,000 euros, but can go up to 6,000 euros depending on how serious the problem is;
- the average smallest number of grafts used in a beard transplant is 1,000;
- the largest number of grafts can even reach 4,000 grafts when the beard area has no hair;
- the average time for a beard transplant can take 3 to 4 hours.
FAQ about Beard Transplants in Turkey
Clinical trials related to hair transplants
Hair transplants are performed in great numbers every day, however, before surgeons can use the evolved techniques they currently do, there were many clinical trials which enabled them to. Among these, a study related to the use of body and beard hair for treating androgenic alopecia from 2005 - 2008 was published in 2013. According to the trial:
- 35 male patients with various degrees of androgenic alopecia participated;
- 18 of the patients were Caucasian males;
- the number of grafts implanted was 7,000;
- follow-up assessments were completed on various intervals ranging from 6 months to 2 years.
The results indicated that the transplanted grafts did not change the color, curl, and caliber.
Please contact us if you are interested in finding out the hair transplant cost in Turkey for this type of procedure and scheduling a beard transplant in Turkey and/or a moustache transplant with our clinic.