Three Months after FUE Hair Transplant: What to Expect
Updated on Wednesday 15th February 2017
Rate this article 1 reviewsbased on
A hair transplant may take some time to show its final results. In order not to be disappointed, it is important to know what to expect three months after a FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) hair transplant.
What will happen three months after a FUE hair transplant in Turkey?
Three months after the FUE hair transplant in Turkey, the patient will experience the following developments:
• The newly transplanted hair begins growing. At this stage, it is thin and fine. It will grow thicker and longer over the course of the next months;
• Some individuals could experience shock loss. It is a thinning of their natural hair in the area.
What to do at this point?
At this point, our hair transplant surgeons in Istanbul recommend patients to:
• Wash their hair and treat their heads as they usually do;
• Avoid being exposed to the sun;
• Continue with any treatment their physician prescribed in order to minimize or avoid the effects of shock loss. These treatments may consist of minoxidil, finasteride or other medications.
Why does the hair look thin three months after a FUE hair restoration in Turkey?
As stated above, when it comes to what to expect three months after a FUE hair transplant, now is the time when the new hair starts to grow at a length of around ¼ inches (0.63 cm). However, these new hairs can be thin and rough.
As the time will go by, it will become stronger and thicker, therefore there is no reason to worry. Do not be disappointed when you see three months after a FUE hair transplant that the transplanted hair appears as not having life and badly textured. In the following months, its looks will improve, so patience is advised.
This happens because of how the human body functions. Each organ performs a certain task. All the human body organs work in cycles, and these cycles take time. When the hair follicles are transplanted on the bald areas of the scalp during a FUE hair restoration procedure, they need to undergo a complete cycle before appearing naturally grown and being accepted by the scalp.
Our Turkey hair transplant physicians are extremely successful and experienced in performing this type of procedures with natural looking results. Please contact us if you would like to have a FUE hair transplant effectuated in our clinic.